The Skip Tracer
These creatures are master trackers and mappers in the universe. They
are powerful spies but not very strong militarily.
Each Skip Tracer gets a probe of every world connected to a world that
they own. A Skip Tracer fleet can fly through up to 4 connected worlds per turn, like an Arms Dealer. Also, Skip Tracers have the ability to fly into a black hole, completely unharmed! Skip Tracers can navigate through a black hole as easily as any other world.
Skip Tracers are adept at
evading ambushes while mapping unallied territories. Unfortunately, their
fleets pay for their increased maneuverability, and only carry light
arms. The Skip Tracer earns points for discovering new worlds and traveling to all worlds.
- Fleets may move through up to 4 worlds in one turn.
- Fleets will survive a visit to a black hole, and can move through them safely.
- Fleets only fire 1/2 shot per ship.
- Fleets only take 1/2 damage from ambush (e.g., 10 I-Ships ambush firing upon a Skip Tracer would only destroy 5 unloaded ships).
- Each world seen for the first time, whether it is by probe, visit, or fly-through = 15 points.
- Each world seen for the second or subsequent times = 5 points each turn seen.