DEBEN2R

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
willypete

DEBEN2R

Post by willypete »

Some days we run 7-9 turns other we wait the full 3 days. I intially forgot it was a bitter end game, the lack of fleets make this one challenging aspect. Anyone have a clue as to the total number of worlds?
drwr

Re: DEBEN2R

Post by drwr »

"Absurdly high" means 32 to 35 worlds per player; with five players, that means 160 to 175 worlds.

David
willypete

Post by willypete »

Thanks, I had not paid much attention to the dynamics. Slow deliberate progress! :x
beane

Post by beane »

I am liking my chances in this game. 8)

But, yeah. It is slow going.
willypete

Post by willypete »

Dave,

Why do my I -ships and P-ships not attack the same turn hey are being attacked? The orders for combat for them seem to process after combat takes place and then gives me an error order I do not own the world.

Additionally I wonder what Robbie has in that Pandora ’s Box.
beane

Post by beane »

The Pandora's Box... Honestly, I have not idea what it does. I didn't even realize that I have been dragging it around for the last 60 turns or so until just now. :roll: Since this was a bitter end game, I hadn't been paying much attention to the artifacts. I did notice I had it a couple of turns ago, but I didn't realize how long I'd had it until just now. I haven't noticed any particularly peculiar behavior. The turn I noticed I had it, I was trying to figure out why the planet I was trying to migrate to was remaining barren, but it turned out that the reason was because the pop limit was 0. Perhaps that was your fault, willypete? :)
drwr

Post by drwr »

That I-Ship/P-Ship problem could be a bug, but I don't see it. Can you tell me the particular world and turn number at which you observed this problem? You can send it to me via pm or email if you would like it to remain private.

David
willypete

Post by willypete »

E=almost evry turn, this turn it went like this:

FIRE I-SHIPS on W101 at F31 <ERROR:W101 is not yours>

The enemy was overhead, I issued the combat order, FIRE, but it did not execute during combat phase. It seems as though fleets fire, worlds are checked for neutral or lost, then Home fleets fire.
drwr

Post by drwr »

I'm still confused. Is this in deben2r, or some other game? It doesn't look like you can see W101 in deben2r, and there's nothing particularly interesting happening there.

David
willypete

Post by willypete »

Yes I could see W101 I owned it for the longest time I am CYLOn I have had robots and I-SHIPS at every world check my turns.

What I perceive happening is this:

The fleets over the world get to fire, then destory my robots/population

game chekcs for ownership, then cancels my I-SHIP fire orders becuase I do not own the world.

I ships firew with robot drops, but will not fire on a conditional or actual fire order becuase contorl of the world is lost. I thought ALL combat was supposed to be done simultaneouslyor at least

Fleets, Iship, and P-ships fire

Bombs dropped

fleets/worlds captured

I cannot issue I ship fire orders and have them carried out. Would youlike me to send you myturns?
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm, yes, please send me the bug report from the client via the "Report bug" option under the "Help" menu. Be sure to attach the deben2r game information.

Edit: Actually, on second thought, since this is such a long-running game that might be too large to send, unless you have a fast internet connection. If it seems to be taking forever, feel free to cancel it, and just email me your latest turn report.

David
willypete

Post by willypete »

still doing it, cannot attack, and get <error you do not own the world message>
willypete

Post by willypete »

Fire I Ships at W97 to F42 <ERROR: W97 is not yours>

I might have had a chance against robbie early on, but alas, he just has to caputer everyones worlds now as he has all the fleets.
willypete

Post by willypete »

Robbie good game. I hope the I-SHIP thing gets fixed.