newbie player

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
trollfactory

newbie player

Post by trollfactory »

Hello all!

i'm german, completely newbie player.
I know Starweb via snail mail centuries ago (it seems) and got info about the version
at our monthly gaming pub meeting in Bremen, northern germany.
So it sounds very interesting to me and if there is a game waiting for a novice player... please let me know

trollfactory (Rainer)

naming from my business at
http://www.trollfactory.de
drwr

Re: newbie player

Post by drwr »

Greetings trollfactory, and welcome!

There is a contingent of German players who have been playing private games; you can read the forums at http://www.pbem-spiele.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=43 to sign up for one of their games. But perhaps these are the same people from whom you found out about RSW in the first place, eh?

For public games, there are usually one or two games available for signup at any given time, but it appears that at the moment there are only a handful of last-man-standing games, that is, games that do not end until there is only one player remaining. You're welcome to sign up for one of these, of course; it can be an exciting game, but it might play on for a long time.

Other than that, please feel free to suggest a new game yourself! Expect somewhere from four to eight players to join your game.

David
Boedy

Post by Boedy »

Hi Rainer,

im also german.......admin sorry i speak german now ;)

also wie er schon gesagt hat....im mom starte ich hier eine menge last man standing dinger da mir persönlich die spiele nach punkten nicht aussagen wer nun eigendlich wirklich gut ist.

hab früher auch peter stevens postspiele starweb gespielt also des rsw hier ist mal wirklich nett gemacht.

also schnupper einfach mal rein oder starte einfach selber nen spiel funktioniert auch als solo spiel so zum testen.

auf bald freund oder feind.....

Boedy
trollfactory

Post by trollfactory »

Hi David,
Hi Boedy,

thanks for the infos, i'll have a look!
First i have to see how the client functions are working :)

All the best,

trollfactory (Rainer)
Thatar

Post by Thatar »

Woohoo! I'm new too 8) , and I think this is quite a good game, although I haven't really played yet, only sandbox. But the concept looks good. Compliments to de maker. :mrgreen:
I can't wait till my first real player game. :!: