Robot building...

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
esoteric

Robot building...

Post by esoteric »

So... I dropped some robots on a planet with industry like every good Berserker should. The planet has two industry and sufficient metal. I dropped only enough robots to leave one robot standing after cleaning out the population and only one industry is available to build so it's projecting one ship to be produced which I can direct either to my fleet or to orbit. If I choose to build two robots with the industry it still projects one ship to be built which I'm not able to direct to a fleet- it's just an I-ship.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm. Sounds like a subtle race. I'm guessing the new robot you're building comes out of the factory and starts looking for work on that very same turn--so it builds a new I-Ship.

That's kind of a bug, I think. I don't think the new robot should be building the same turn it was itself built. And neither does the client, which is why it doesn't offer you an explicit opportunity to build that extra ship where you want it.

Consider the I-Ship a bonus ship. When I fix the bug, it won't build that extra I-Ship at all. :)

David