morris4h commentary

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
somnos

morris4h commentary

Post by somnos »

Hi all,

Since morris4h was anonymous we never get to talk to each other about the game. It was a 2position advanced multi.

Since game names are scrambled I will refer to the players rsw handles.

Somnos (myself) played an arms dealer/warlord. I knew if I could just haul a ton of metal I could produce a ton of ships and points. So I set a personal goal of hitting two players at once (4 positions) as long as I wasn't invaded. I avoided JimE as he was another warlord/arms dealer and thought we would be too evenly matched and give the game to the others. I hit Gorf(raider/missionary) and destroyed one HW and captured the other intact on the final turn. Kudos to Gorf for delaying my captures so long by sending small fleets to spoil captures. I had to barricade his ring 1 worlds with ambush fleets to isolate it. Also, at the HW I destroyed he cut all connections to the R1 worlds with Pandora's box. He had the pleasure with his ton of fleets of killing my invasion force slowly (I had maybe 4 fleets to his dozen - started off with more ships but couldn't target his largest keys due to transfers).

My other target was Zencat (architect,scavenger). I wihittled one HW to 12 industry and captured it and landed enough force on the final turn to destroy his 2nd HW.

End result - I tripped the victory condition of 13,356 but my low score was the warlord (5839) allowing baknight to win (missionary,trader) whose lowest score was 7484.

In retrospect I should have built less ships and kept my warlord & arms dealer scores closer together. But I needed to do this to take on two opponents by myself.

Anyone else care to comment?

Elliot
Somnos