wheel3q

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
FishSpeaker

wheel3q

Post by FishSpeaker »

Congratulations to Chris Rodriguez for taking the win on an amazingly early turn 13!

Good game and I'm proud to say a strong showing for Schell Games. Now it's time to play Planarity with my map.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Oh, good--I was going to ask if anyone was interested in straightening out that monster of a map. I hope you can post a picture of it when you're done!

Yes, congratulations indeed to Chris--a most impressive win!--and a well-played game by everyone.

David
FishSpeaker

Post by FishSpeaker »

This is when I start contemplating the options of doing a lot of clicking and dragging or writing some code. The clicking and dragging probably would be faster, but the code can be used forever...
drwr

Post by drwr »

If you're seriously considering writing some code to figure this sort of thing automatically, I'd love to be able to integrate it into the client.

David
FishSpeaker

Post by FishSpeaker »

I had been considering it. It's pretty tedious to arrange the map after a big import or, of course, at the end of the game. It can even be a pain when you happen across a connection between distant worlds or a nasty intersection. I think the hard part would be finding the right balance between giving the user control and doing something automatic.

If I do anything, I'll do it right in the client code.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Here's my modest by-hand map attempt:
http://www.ddrose.com/~drose/wheel3q_map.png

David
chris

Post by chris »

I was pretty lucky. I started out with a lot of worlds close to my home world, pumping up my score faster then normal. And I ended up being surrounded by 2 artifact collectors and 1 dropout, and everyone was non aggressive. After I had enough worlds, it was just staying under the radar, trying to keep from contacting people (so they wouldn't know my score), and hold out..