can't log in!!!!

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
ZenCat

can't log in!!!!

Post by ZenCat »

Hi Dave;
I just got a new computer, installed the client, and keep getting my password rejected. Help!!!
Dale
drwr

Re: can't log in!!!!

Post by drwr »

Are you sure you're typing the password correctly? Don't have the caps lock on? Maybe you should try changing your password on the web page (or use the "Forgot password" button) to prove that it's the password you think it is.

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

The password gets me onto the Web Page, but not into the client on the new computer. It to a ridiculously long to download and install the client, so I'm wondering if something got screwed up in the process. Fortunately the client still runs on the computer up in my office, but it's cold up there this time of year. I really want it to run on this new one. Suggestions?
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

I reset the password, uninstalled and then reinstalled the client, and it still says I'm entering an incorrect password. I have no idea what to do next.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ah, I think I see what the problem is. It's not the password, it's the account ID. Unlike on the web page, you can't log into the client using your email address, you have to use your account ID instead. Put in "ZenCat" where it says "account ID".

David