Client program: circles error

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
shaqua471

Client program: circles error

Post by shaqua471 »

While i was updating my moves for the new round somehow the client crashed and now the circles game won't pop up in my available games and the log files gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "rsw\client\RswClient.pyc", line 773, in __idleCallback
File "rsw\client\ThreadedTasker.pyc", line 110, in poll
File "rsw\client\ThreadedTasker.pyc", line 26, in done
File "rsw\client\RswClient.pyc", line 842, in <lambda>
File "rsw\client\RswClient.pyc", line 850, in __requestDone
File "rsw\client\RswClient.pyc", line 583, in <lambda>
File "rsw\client\RswClient.pyc", line 634, in __returnContactServer
File "rsw\core\GameDatabase.pyc", line 191, in doMakeNewGame
StandardError: gameId already in use: circles5h
shaqua471

Post by shaqua471 »

On a sidenote RSW is tons of fun. Thanks so much for setting this up!!! :D
drwr

Post by drwr »

You appear to have a corrupted games directory. It looks like a change I made in the last release makes this more likely, my apologies; I'll fix it in the next release.

In the meantime, the best way to recover is probably to reset your games directory. Make sure the client is not running, and delete or rename the folder c:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\RSW . Then start the client again. It will re-download your game files correctly. (If you have received any exported turn reports from allies, you'll have to re-import them.)

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

shaqua471 wrote:On a sidenote RSW is tons of fun. Thanks so much for setting this up!!! :D
Oh, hey, you're welcome! I'm glad everyone is enjoying it so much. I'm having tons of fun too.

David