Creating multiple accounts is dishonest

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
drwr

Creating multiple accounts is dishonest

Post by drwr »

I have to admit I've been shocked by a recent rash of different players who have all, apparently acting independently, decided to create multiple RSW accounts for themselves and use them to sign into the same game with multiple positions. This is even being done by players that I would otherwise trust to play the game honestly and with respect for the other players.

But creating multiple accounts for yourself is dishonest; and using multiple accounts to sign into the same game is cheating, no matter how you look at it. It gives you an unfair advantage in the other game over the other players who are playing by the rules.

Some RSW games are designed to support multiple positions per player. If you want to play multiple positions in one game, you should sign up one of these multi-position games. But if you've signed up for a standard, single-position game, you should play it with just a single position.

Of course, there is no charge to play RSW, and there are no technical restrictions on creating new accounts. I made it this way because I want it to be available to as many people as possible. This openness also means that I have no ability to prevent people from creating as many accounts as they like, and so instead I have to appeal to people's inherent sense of fair play, to treat their fellow players with the respect they deserve.

Please let me keep my faith in basic human honesty.

David
sargas

Re: Creating multiple accounts is dishonest

Post by sargas »

If you want to play in a game and play multiple positions, either start one or enter a game that is already set up that way...

(edit fore the ususual reason (spelling))...
Tieffdschie

Re: Creating multiple accounts is dishonest

Post by Tieffdschie »

I started schema8w yesterday, a 4-pos game.
Join in !

sorrow2x, a 1-pos game needs only one more player to start

both are non-comm games.

MiTCh