Next game: numeros7j

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
sun-e

Next game: numeros7j

Post by sun-e »

We need few more players for our next game:
https://rswgame.com/de/signup?gameId=numeros7j

Actually 14 players have signed up...go go go!
Tieffdschie

Re: Next game: numeros7j

Post by Tieffdschie »

...and makers9t needs only ONE brave warrior to start !!! :mrgreen:

MiTCh
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

what´s going wrong with this game ?
why are there so many drop outs currently ? :evil:

looking at the other games, too, I assume there was a/were player managing at least two positions per game...?

by the way: David, a question rule:
was it your intention to define the actions as sharply as the program executes them ?
i am thinking of usable industries.

imagine a world with 10 industries, 2 i-ships and an enemy fleet with 8 ships.
in 100% accordance to the rules, the turnsheet would say: "usable industry: 6" (10-8+2*2)

you can´t give the order to build 10 ships, the client would answer you with an error warning.
BUT, as world owner, if you first give the order to build the 6 ships, and then give the second order to build the other 4 ships, you will actually succeed !!!
The client seems to calculate new after each order.

i noticed this before in the opposite direction, when i had barely enough i-ships to protect my industry against an attacking fleet, but after transferring them to a fleet my industry wasn´t able to build anymore (well, i had not really that many ships then/there...).

if this is the way you wanted to have, o.k., one only has to know ;-)
but otherwise: BUG-REPORT :mrgreen:

MiTCh
drwr

Post by drwr »

I assume there was a/were player managing at least two positions per game...?
Indeed, this was the problem. A player created multiple accounts for himself and signed them all into numeros7j. When I noticed the deception and called him out on it, he dropped out, leaving several vacancies in the game at once. I've been hoping that a few different individuals would take them up, but so far that hasn't happened.
The client seems to calculate new after each order.
Whoops, this is indeed a bug! Thank you for the report; I will fix it promptly.

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

My deepest apologies to the players in this game. I have canceled the game after discovering too many ethics violations by a handful of players involved in the game. Multiple players had created multiple accounts and signed themselves up to play this game. There are, of course, several legitimate players in the game, but more than 30% of the players were bogus accounts. It just didn't seem like this game could reasonably be salvaged from the damage.

I hope that the next game does not suffer from the same problem. I intend to be much more active in monitoring for violations of this nature in the future.

Once again, please accept my apologies for allowing this to happen, and for terminating the game so abruptly.

David