abandoned positions - old reports

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Tieffdschie

abandoned positions - old reports

Post by Tieffdschie »

Hi,

I just took over a position and would like to see/download some old reports.
What I get is this:

"Select player for xxxxxx
You are not an active player in game xxxxxx. You will be allowed to view the game details when it is over."

Would be nice to know where my enemies and allies are, cause I now only have the current worlds in view on my map....

MiTCh
drwr

Re: abandoned positions - old reports

Post by drwr »

Sorry about that--fixed. Note that you can also view the past reports in the client.

David
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

But I am (again) on a business trip this week and our company server doesn´t like rsw.... :|

Try going into the File | Configure dialog, select the Servers tab, and change the Comm method from "XML connect" to "XML web push". This will contact the RSW server over normal HTTP channels, so the company server shouldn't have a problem with it.
By the way - sharing reports via www would be a nice feature...
I agree, but unfortunately this is difficult to do because the web server doesn't actually keep all of the information that is available to the client (like your map arrangement and such).

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

Eww, I just realized that I must have clicked the "Edit" button instead of the "Reply" button, and I ended up editing your post in-line instead of adding a reply with your post quoted. My apologies for the complete moderator fail!

David
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

drwr wrote:Eww, I just realized that I must have clicked the "Edit" button instead of the "Reply" button, and I ended up editing your post in-line instead of adding a reply with your post quoted. My apologies for the complete moderator fail!

David
No prob.

I tried the new config, but it still doesn´t work. Good job of our firewall :D

Next friday starts my one-week holiday leave....well, seems like I have to update my offline-maps for there is no synchronisation possible, right ? (another nice-to-have feature :wink: )

Mirek
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm, if even XML web push doesn't work, it must mean that all of your internet traffic must go through a proxy. Is that true? If so, and you know the proxy host and port, you can supply that also, in the "Advanced" tab. (If you don't know the proxy host and port, you can find it by checking the configure settings of your browser.) The bottom line is, if you can open a browser and view a web page from your desk at work, then you should be able to use the RSW Client too--it uses the same communications mechanisms as your browser uses, and there's no way that a corporate firewall can tell the difference.
well, seems like I have to update my offline-maps for there is no synchronisation possible, right ?
Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the layout of worlds on the RSW Client on your desk? Yes, you're right, there's no way to synchronize the actual placement of worlds on the map other than through the RSW Server. But you can export the connectivity of the maps with "Save XML" in the Export / Share menu, and then you can import that XML file into the client of your choosing. Then you'll have to move them around to declutter the map. You're right, it would be nice to be able to import the actual arrangement too.

David