Two missionary questions

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Puzzler

Two missionary questions

Post by Puzzler »

Can a missionary convert followers on a planet owned by an ally?
When a missionary declares judgment, does it take effect immediately, or is there a one turn delay?

Thanks.
drwr

Re: Two missionary questions

Post by drwr »

Can a missionary convert followers on a planet owned by an ally?
Yes. A missionary's fleets will convert population on the planet below regardless of ally status. If you wish to avoid this, declare your fleets to be "at peace".
When a missionary declares judgment, does it take effect immediately, or is there a one turn delay?
It takes effect immediately. You can declare your judgment target and open fire in the same turn.

David
Puzzler

Post by Puzzler »

Where does conversion happen in the turn cycle? Specifically, if your fleet travels between worlds, does conversion happen at the world where the fleet leaves from, or where it goes to? Thanks.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Conversion happens at the world you left.

David
Puzzler

Post by Puzzler »

Ah, I see. That explains the behavior I'm seeing in the game. FWIW, I found the rules misleading on this point:

"Whenever a Missionary visits a world, there is a certain chance that he or she will convert some of the population to his or her religion. (Specifically, each ship that the Missionary brings to a world, on a fleet not At Peace, has a 10% chance of converting one population.) "

The language says that it happens when you *visit* the world, and when you *bring a ship* to the world, which to me, strongly implies that it conversion happens at the destination world.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ah, you're right; that is misleading. I'll reword it appropriately. Thanks!

David