industry3p

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
beane

industry3p

Post by beane »

In my client, this game claims to be waiting for 0 players, but it won't let me play the next turn.
beane

Re: industry3p

Post by beane »

Now when I open the client I get a popup saying: "Communications problem with RSW Server: Unknown game industry3p"

In my games list, the game does show up in bold, with "Needs Finish Turn" as its status. However, it is still on Turn 22, which is the last turn I submitted. When I open the game, it still has all of my orders for turn 22 entered.

My games list on the site, however, says that the game is "now computing turn 24". I never saw turn 23.

Sooo... Basically I have no idea what is up. My client list tells me that turn 22 is due in 13 hours. Should I resubmit my orders for Turn 22? I don't want to miss out on submitting orders for that turn, but I also don't want to screw things up some how.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Sorry, had a slew of server errors today. Thanks for reporting this. I believe industry3p has now been ironed out; let me know if it continues to give you troubles.

David
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

It still seems to have emotional problems. It's on "Wait for 0" again.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Kicked in the pants again. (No better solution for emotional troubles.)

David
beane

Post by beane »

Foolish7s seems to be doing this as well now.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ah, actually, foolish7s is waiting for someone to take over the abandoned position.

RSW makes a special case for the first turn: it won't allow a game to progress to turn 2 until all players have entered orders. If the game parameters allow for it, it will quietly drop any players that haven't entered turn 1 orders, but foolish7s specified a minimum of 5 players, so it can't drop the delinquent player. This game will have to wait until someone takes over the abandoned position.

There's kind of an interface bug here, in the sense that there's not any clear messaging about what's going on. But other than that, the game is working as designed.

David
trollfactory

Post by trollfactory »

Hello,

i'm the last one to save the turn but saving the turn / querying for a new turn does not come to an end.
I've tried several times now, restarted PC but with no better result.
Anything i can do here?

Merlin / Rainer
drwr

Post by drwr »

i'm the last one to save the turn but saving the turn / querying for a new turn does not come to an end.
It looks like something is out-of-sync between the server and your client. Very strange. The server is not accepting your submission because the client appears to have an out-of-date record of the game information.

Try pressing F5 to ensure the latest game information is synced into the client. If that doesn't seem to clear things up, try just deleting the game information (right-click on the game from the main game list), and press F5 to let it completely redownload.

David
trollfactory

Post by trollfactory »

Hello David,
thanks for the quick reply!

Reloading via F5 seems to has no effect
Downloading a specific game using industry3p as game ID seems to hang, too.

Right-click on the game offers only to delete the game, not to reload it.
is it o.k. to delete the game in the client?

Rainer
beane

Post by beane »

I was having the same problem today with two other games: predicts3g and pursued6g.

You can safely delete a game from the client list. Since the game is still active, it will added back to the list the next time you download your games.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Right, deleting a game from the client is generally safe, and that's what I meant for you to try.
I was having the same problem today with two other games: predicts3g and pursued6g.
I don't see any problems with these two games; they're both currently waiting normally for other players.

David
trollfactory

Post by trollfactory »

Hmm.., sorry, no success here. I deleted the game, reimported and, gave new orders and tried to save the orders.
It still waits endless with the message "Querying RSW server for game industry3p"
I then can only close and save the game.
The orders are saved locally. Closing the whole client, i then get the message:
Could not connect to RSW server. Would like like to switch to offline mode?
Yes or no will close the message, i can restart the client and get into this loop again.
Any ideas i can try out next?

Rainer
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

Just to get it moving can you copy all your orders and paste them onto the website?
drwr

Post by drwr »

Oops, I just discovered a major bug I'd accidentally introduced on the server yesterday, that would have caused problems anytime anyone tried to save their orders. Boy, is my face red!

I've checked in a fix. Please try again to save your turn via the client. If it still doesn't work, esoteric's suggestion is a good one, though I would also like to try to figure out what's going wrong so we can prevent it from happening again in the future.

David