Playtesting New Characters

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
trollfactory

Re: Playtesting New Characters

Post by trollfactory »

trollfactory:
Is there some error i made or something that should not happen?
More interesting: Is there a way i can capture the unowned fleets again?
My apologies: this was indeed a server bug. I have fixed the bug, and I believe I have repaired the damage to your situation, so that it is as if the orders executed correctly.

David[/quote]

Excellent, thanks a lot!

trollfactory
beane

Post by beane »

drwr wrote:Gotcha. Note that your complete score breakdown appears on the bottom of the text report, as well as under the Game Info tab (click on the "current score" line to expand the breakdown). The breakdown makes it much easier to figure out how your score was calculated.

David
Heh. Yep. There is it. How about that. Thanks. :)
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

Not a particular comment on THIS game (it may apply) but on others you've opened with adjustments made to the Positronix, which I do tend to like to play. The balance adjustment made in saints4a is that the PBB isn't as rewarding. I don't know what kind of stats are available for PBB usage but I almost never use the things since they're so expensive, inefficient, so easy to lose (highly disadvantageous to lose), diplomatically a hazard, and require modest anticipation and planning for deployment. I forget what the break-even point, population-wise, for using them in a regular game is, but I think it's a pretty big planet which is fairly unusual in most games.
I think to balance positronix more, something else would need to be adjusted.
somnos

Post by somnos »

Hi
It depends how you look at it. If you look at the cost - you need 25 ships for a PBB. A robot attack with 25 yields 50 robots and 200 kills which is 400 points. But if you creat a PBB you only have to launch it on a population of 100 to yield 200 kill points + 200 PBB points = 400. So every PBB launched on a world with population over 100 yields points in excess of what you can produce with robot attack.

Also - RSW is a game played by a lot of new players. You need to explore different strategies. In SW for the last 30 years the positronix/berserker is the most powerful scorer and wins the majority of games if they adopt a strategy of dropping many PBBs near the end of the game on the high population worlds of both friend and foe. Even the emperor will allow a bomb drop on his worlds if it's the last turn of the game. I've seen wins by this character type even when he doesn't get help from many allies.

Somnos