keep sorting sequence

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
trollfactory

keep sorting sequence

Post by trollfactory »

Hello,

after my first steps with RSW i have a handling question:
I'm sorting my fleets on a planet by user so i have a good overview about my fleets and
those of my other races present.
Each time, i gave an order, the sorting is set back to default.
So i have to sort first, give order 1, sort again, give order 2, sort again, give order 3 and so on,
which is a bit confusing and time consuming.

Is there a way to lock or keep the preferred order sequence?

Rainer
drwr

Re: keep sorting sequence

Post by drwr »

Ah, you found my dirty little interface problems. :) It's something I've been meaning to fix for a long while, but haven't had a chance to (and, until now, no one has complained anyway).

In any case, this nuisance only happens when you have "Show forecast orders" checked in your Configure window. So the short-term answer is to uncheck this. The right thing to do long-term, though, is for me to fix the bug, of course. I'll see if I can move it up on my priority list.

David
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

I can help you move it up your priority list :-)
drwr

Post by drwr »

Just fixed it, and released the fix in version 0.98.8.12.

Now the lists will not only remember their current sort after you enter a new order, but you can also specify the preferred sort by the simple expedient of moving your preferred sort column to the front of the list (the lists will sort according to their first column, by default).

David
trollfactory

Post by trollfactory »

This is cool, thanks a lot!

Rainer