Combat report?

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
trollfactory

Combat report?

Post by trollfactory »

Hello All,

i just made my first steps using RSW in my first game and after my first battles i wonder if there is something like a battle report i can see?
I see in the new turn the end status of my ships and fleets but i think it would be interesting to see which fleets targetted which enemy fleets and the success and vice versa for analysis.

For a positronix position:
Is it possible to migrate population to the neighbour planet and capture it this way?
As positronix with normal population and/or robots?

I tried to start a landing party from robots, it seems this is not possible if the fleet only holds one ship?
The idea is to generate 2 robots from the last ship of the fleet of an unowned/enemy planet and capture it,
if the population is low enough to win the fight, surely.
The planet would be captured and the empty fleet falls back to me as former owner as the planet is captured?

O.k., first questions from a newbie player, thanks in advance for an anwser!

trollfactory
http://www.trollfactory.de
drwr

Re: Combat report?

Post by drwr »

i think it would be interesting to see which fleets targetted which enemy fleets and the success and vice versa
This information is part of the report. On the printed report, you can see an additional line for each fleet that fired, it reads something like:

Code: Select all

Fleet 12: [Douglas]
                        Ships:            12
                        Fired:at F140 (AF140)
Within the client, you can see this information by clicking on the individual fleet, or looking at the "Last action" column in the fleet list. The report in the Turn News tab will also call your attention to the fleets that have specifically fired upon you last turn.

It doesn't tell you how much damage each firing fleet did, but there is no random factor in this--the damage is completely predictable based on the number of ships firing--so you don't necessarily need to be told how much damage each fleet contributed to the overall damage.
Is it possible to migrate population to the neighbour planet and capture it this way?
Yes, but only if you migrate robots, and specifically you migrate enough robots to kill all of the humans on the neighbor planet with at least one robot left over. If you migrate normal human population, all you're doing is giving people to the neighbor planet; there will be no capture.
I tried to start a landing party from robots, it seems this is not possible if the fleet only holds one ship?
Correct. You are not allowed to completely empty a fleet with a robot attack; you must leave at least one ship on the key.

David