Translation

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Puzzler

Translation

Post by Puzzler »

Hypothetically, how hard it would be to translate the text of the various news reports and other client messages into another language? Is there a lot of text to convert?
drwr

Re: Translation

Post by drwr »

There is a fair amount of text, and much of it is assembled by code, which does make it somewhat difficult to translate. But not really that difficult. If our new German players continue to enjoy the game, then there will be strong motivation to make that translation happen sooner rather than later. :)

(In my defense, when I was writing the bulk of this code, I wasn't thinking it would ever be played outside my own circle of friends; it grew without my noticing it happen. It took me a long time to even implement timezone support.)

David
sun-e

Re: Translation

Post by sun-e »

We have pretty much experience with translating games into german and often the german rulebook looks much better then the original, like Darkness of Silverfalls:

http://www.pbem-spiele.de/index.php?id= ... =40&uid=29

8)

If you need some help, ask me!