RSW version 0.90

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
drwr

RSW version 0.90

Post by drwr »

Nothing planet-busting in this release, though I guess the new Artifact list columns might be handy (go to the Game Preferences window to active them). Mainly a bunch more little bugfixes. We might be narrowing in on a mostly-stable client.
Version 0.90:

* Fixed delete key within note text fields.

* Added explicit "Adjective" and "Noun" columns to artifact list.
Also added "Preferred By", and base points per each character type.

* Removed own player color from outgoing text box when sending
anonymous messages, as a visual confirmation of anonymity.

* Better initial size behavior for message window.

* Fixed server exception when viewing completed multi-position
game web page.

* Fixed broken "view message index" link from compose message web
page.

* Fixed some cleanup issues when closing auxiliary windows.

* Don't include self in reply-all (you'll always receive a copy
anyway).

Version 0.89.1:

* Fixed client bug preventing entering jettison (or other kinds of
unload) orders over a neutral world.

* Fixed client error when viewing messages with "Show forecast
values" option enabled.

* Fixed converts state getting stuck on even after all converts
have been unconverted via unloading CG's.

* Fixed off-by-one error with count of abandoned turns.

* Disabled troublesome auto-save feature introduced in 0.89.

* Fixed minor issue with server inappropriately signing email
messages.
David
FishSpeaker

Post by FishSpeaker »

Encountered a weird bug just now. I had been using the client for a while, doing various things. Then, as soon as I clicked in the map area (on a world in this case), the whole map area went blank, and stayed blank until the client was restarted.

The error log contained the following error, repeated hundreds of times:

Code: Select all

TypeError: unsubscriptable object
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rsw\client\MapCanvas.pyc", line 737, in __paint
FishSpeaker

Post by FishSpeaker »

Oh, and a feature request...

It would be nice if the client remembered window size and divider locations between runs.
drwr

Post by drwr »

The error log contained the following error, repeated hundreds of times:
From the log message, it looks like you had managed to select a fleet whose owner was unknown, so it didn't know what color to draw the movement arrow on the map. I will put in a band-aid for this to prevent the exception, though it's not clear how this situation came up in the first place. Let me know if you gain any insights.
It would be nice if the client remembered window size and divider locations between runs.
OK, a good idea.

David
Sigesti

Post by Sigesti »

Ugh...I'm still getting that damn locking behavior that prevents me from clicking on anything in the client, as well as using ctrl-alt-del, etc to shut the rsw client down.
FishSpeaker

Post by FishSpeaker »

Sigesti wrote:Ugh...I'm still getting that damn locking behavior that prevents me from clicking on anything in the client, as well as using ctrl-alt-del, etc to shut the rsw client down.
For what it's worth, I haven't had any trouble since the latest release. Not sure what's different.
drwr

Post by drwr »

From the log message, it looks like you had managed to select a fleet whose owner was unknown, so it didn't know what color to draw the movement arrow on the map.
OK, I found this error: clicking on fleet that was ambushed to 0 can cause this, because the fleet moved this turn, but no longer has an owner. I put in a simple fix.
Ugh...I'm still getting that damn locking behavior that prevents me from clicking on anything in the client, as well as using ctrl-alt-del, etc to shut the rsw client down.
This is disturbing. Can you give me more information? Like precise times at which this happens (so I can see if the client was communicating with the server at the time)? Does anything appear in the status bar when it is locked up? Did you say the window was repainting, or is it not? Do you see any CPU usage for the RSW Client process in the task manager? You should be able to bring up the task manager by right-clicking on the task bar, even if ctrl-alt-del isn't working for some reason.

Thanks,
David

Post by Guest »

I'll try to grab all that information for next time it happens.