Scavenge and Salvage

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
beane

Scavenge and Salvage

Post by beane »

I was looking through the advanced game settings and saw a couple of setting that I didn't understand.

I don't have any idea what effect "ScavengeRatio" has.

I think I vaguely understand "DestroyedShipsSalvageRatio". Assuming it is set to 1 for my race, and I fire on an enemy fleet, then for every ship destroyed, I will gain a new ship on my fleet. Correct? How does it round? Up or down? If all of the ships on my fleet were destroyed in combat, do the new ships still transfer over? Will I still own the fleet with the new ships, or will it become neutral?
drwr

Re: Scavenge and Salvage

Post by drwr »

You have run across two of the experimental parameters we have added to support the new custom character types described in this post. In particular, both of these parameters are designed to support the new Scavenger class.

ScavengeRatio is similar to CommandeerRatio. When a player with a nonzero ScavengeRatio outnumbers all other players at a world by more than this ratio, he automatically captures all of the neutral keys. For instance, if your ScavengeRatio is 2, then if your ships at a world outnumber all of the other players' ships at the same world by more than 2:1, you will automatically get all of the neutral keys. (It's not quite as powerful an ability as CommandeerRatio, which awards you all of the keys, rather than just the neutral ones.)

You understand DestroyedShipsSalvageRatio correctly. It rounds to the nearest integer number of ships, up or down as appropriate. However, if all of your ships are destroyed, you do not win any ships at all.

David