ShotsPerFleetShip vs. AttackMultiplier

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
beane

ShotsPerFleetShip vs. AttackMultiplier

Post by beane »

I was looking at some of the game customization options, and there was something that confused me. What is the difference between ShotsPerFleetShip and AttackMultiplier? They seem redundant. I can't see any difference between each of your ships firing two shots, and each of your ships firing one shot that does double damage (for instance).
drwr

Re: ShotsPerFleetShip vs. AttackMultiplier

Post by drwr »

I think there are subtle differences in roundoff rules. But you're right, they are largely redundant with each other.

That doesn't mean pointless, though; it's a question of convenience. You can set the shots-per-ship differently for I-Ships, P-Ships, and fleet ships, while the attack multiplier is global for your character type. This makes the attack multiplier more convenient to twiddle if you want to adjust the overall character attack strength, while the shots-per-ship is more convenient to twiddle if you want to mess with the relationships between different fleet types.

David
beane

Re: ShotsPerFleetShip vs. AttackMultiplier

Post by beane »

Thanks.