Question about combat in RSW Core

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Puzzler

Question about combat in RSW Core

Post by Puzzler »

If two fleets, each containing one ship, attack the same enemy fleet in a turn, are the shots cumulative? Or will the shots have no effect, because one shot (considered independently) can't do anything.

Also, when retreating ships take "half damage", is that rounded up or down?

Thanks.
Puzzler

Re: Question about combat in RSW Core

Post by Puzzler »

Also, does a fleet ambush others passing through with the strength it has before or after other local ships have shot at it?
drwr

Post by drwr »

Excellent questions all. I'll have to look up the answers to these, but in the meantime, it's also possible to answer all of them experimentally in the client: issue orders to test each hypothesis, and then select "Project next turn" from the History menu to see what would happen. You can issue orders for other players, too, if you enable that option in the Preferences panel.

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

The odd ships from multiple fleets attacking the same target can accumulate: two 1-ship fleets firing at the same target can take out one ship together.

Half-damage from retreating is rounded down.

A fleet ambushes with its strength after combat.

David
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

I have another question...

Lets say you have two fleets at a world, F1 and F2. Now lets say you transfer all but one of the ships from F1 to F2, and then move F1 to a different world. What happens if during this turn F1 gets attacked by a large number of ships (enough to destroy the remaining one ship)?

Thanks.

edit: I guess I can test this in the client as you mentioned above.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Ok so it seems that the ship you try to move will simply be destroyed, and the empty fleet key will remain at the original world (will not move at all).