Consumer Goods

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
beane

Consumer Goods

Post by beane »

I have a question about using consumer goods to unconvert. The manual says that each consumer good is has a 50% chance of unconverting one population. I assume that the outcome is calculated for each individual consumer good, but I wanted to double check to make sure that there wasn't some sort of cumulative effect when dropping several consumer goods.

I guess another way of phrasing the questions would be to ask: If I drop two consumer goods on a planet, which of the following outcomes should I expect:
A: I have a 25% chance of unconverting 0 populations, a 50% chance of unconverting 1 population, and a 25% chance of unconverting 2 populations.
B: I have a 100% chance of unconverting 1 population.
C: Something else.
drwr

Re: Consumer Goods

Post by drwr »

Right, the outcome is calculated once for each Consumer Good. So in your analysis, (A) is the expected outcome.

This is similar to the way that converts are made in the first place: each ship, and each individual convert on the ground, has a 10% chance of making a new convert, with the outcome calculated once for each individual. Also, normal population growth follows a similar random pattern. Weird but true.

David