Spin8s

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Torvald

Spin8s

Post by Torvald »

Hello,

I just saw the notice for pending CORE game Spin8s and am somewhat interested, but want to first make sure I understand some of the special parameters that were listed.

1. What does "Fire points = 1" mean?

2. What does "Cyborg Liberation Ratio = 5" mean?

Thanks.
drwr

Re: Spin8s

Post by drwr »

1. What does "Fire points = 1" mean?
These means you earn one point per each shot fired, at any target. If you fire at something with a 30-ship fleet, you will earn 30 points for that action.
2. What does "Cyborg Liberation Ratio = 5" mean?
This is the ratio of ships you must exceed in order to successfully perform "Liberation" (also known as pirate capture). For instance, in the Classic game, a Raider has a liberation ratio of 3. A ratio of 5 means that if you outnumber your opponent's ships at any world with more than a 5-to-1 ratio, you will automatically capture all of their fleets at that world.

I'm not entirely sure why the game creator made a new character type called "cyborg", since there doesn't seem to be anything particularly cybernetic about this character type (in a Core game, there are no robotic populations).

David