Text import broken?

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
esoteric

Text import broken?

Post by esoteric »

A couple of us are trying to import world data from TXT file and aren't having any luck with it. Nothing updates. Is this known to be broken?
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm, no, I'd thought this was working. I'll try to repro. Can you give me more specifics? Is this a txt file that you downloaded from the website, or one exported from the client? I assume there's no error message?

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

I did find a bug when importing a text file downloaded from the web page. It fails when trying to import the orders on file for next turn, which makes it fail the whole report. If you search for the line that is just the string "ORDERS" in all upper case, and delete that line and everything following, it should import successfully (minus the orders, of course).

Or, you could just download the xml file and use that instead.

I'll get a fix in for the orders import with the next release. If this workaround doesn't solve your problem, and there is in fact some different problem importing text files, please let me know.

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm. On further inspection, this particular bug I found is only a problem when you pick "Import" from the main game list window. If you pick "Import" from within the game window after opening up the relevant game, it works file (even with the ORDERS still in the text file).

Can you try doing this, and does it solve your problem?

David
esoteric

Post by esoteric »

From within the game, File-Import-TextReports doesn't give me any joy and now that you've brought my attention to it, It's uninteresting coming from the game list as well. Once I specify the text file there's no message and no change to map data at all.
I'll send you the specific data in a PM.
drwr

Post by drwr »

We have found the solution to this problem via private mail.

David