What do we need to do to find new players?????

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.

What do we need to do to find new players?????

Post by 12678 »

It feels more and more like we are drifting towards oblivion. Games are being set up and failing due to not enough sign-ups.

What do we need to do to find new and younger players to keep things going? Maybe we should all use our social media to get word of the game out there for people to see?

Just wondering what other ideas people might have!

RSW is a fantastic place for gaming and Dave has given us this amazing platform for FREE! We need to do our part to keep the game going well into the 21st Century!
JimE

Re: What do we need to do to find new players?????

Post by JimE »

I play a few online cards games. I've already started dropping the web site URL to them. Maybe a few more promos on various social sites?

Post by 12678 »

Do you play bridge by any chance?
JimE

Post by JimE »

I'd like to, but never put the effort into it. It's mostly Hearts and Spades.

A few years ago the was a game (email) called Imperial Expansion. I did contact the creator a few years back and asked for the code. But he has disappeared and never followed through with his code. I have a set of rules for the game, if there is enough interest I might attempt to code the game from the rules.

Any interest, and helpers? I program mostly in Delphi, but have used C/C++ in the past, also could try it in Python. Also would need someone knowledgeable in web hosting/coding to allow for what Dave does for RSW. (Dave??? Hint .. hint!).

Jim