Import Bug

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.

Import Bug

Post by Guest »

A pirate capture had occurred on a world I could see. I then imported world information from another player. This imported information did not include the world where the pirate capture had taken place. After the import, the pirate capture was reverted somehow. The captured fleet was now under the control of its original owner again.

Would the game, player and turn information be helpful in tracking this down? I wish there was a better way to report bugs w/o exposing who I am playing other than posting anonymously.
drwr

Post by drwr »

I think this is enough information to allow me to track down the bug. In order to work around the bug for yourself, and make your view correct again, try opening up the game window and pressing F5 to redownload the latest changes--in my experience, this tends to fix up import errors.

Note that this is F5 from the game window in question, not F5 from the toplevel window. They have (slightly) different functions.

It's possible that there have been no changes to the game on the server since you imported, in which case F5 will do nothing. If this is the case, go to the web page, and click the "save orders" button again, to save the same orders you already have. This will constitute a change to the game on the server. Then go back to the game window and try F5 again.

David