schema8w Error ???

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Arioch

schema8w Error ???

Post by Arioch »

Hi all, hi David,

is it an error in schema8w that my Skip tracer does not automatically probe adjacent worlds? I moved a fleet from a known world of an ally to another known world of the same ally where 2 unknown worlds were adjacent. I thought my skip tracer would probe them automatically but he did not. At his own worlds he does under the same circumstances.

Or did I misunderstand this ability?

Regards

Arno aka Arioch
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
Tieffdschie

Re: schema8w Error ???

Post by Tieffdschie »

Hi,

the rules are very clear:
"Each Skip Tracer gets a probe of every world connected to a world that he or she owns."

Your fleets don´t probe worlds (unless you give the order to at the cost of 1 ship, of course).

MiTCh
Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Tieffdschie wrote: the rules are very clear:
"Each Skip Tracer gets a probe of every world connected to a world that he or she owns."
Thanks a lot MiTCh, it should be better for me to learn reading before asking questions :twisted:
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
drwr

Post by drwr »

This is a common misunderstanding; it does seem intuitive that a Skip Tracer ought to get free probes on worlds adjacent to his fleets, not just to worlds he owns. And in fact, this is the way we originally coded the Skip Tracer. But that turned out to be too powerful, so we scaled it back.

David