creating new maps+games

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Tieffdschie

creating new maps+games

Post by Tieffdschie »

Hi,
I tried the map-thing for the first time (verne4hw) and started a new game (proxy8o).

The map is for 2 or 4 players, although the provisional map-set shows only "2" (I checked the map info: min 2, max 4).
To my surprise it nonetheless worked starting the game with 4 players...?

proxy8o also contains treasure worlds.
But where can I adjust the amount of industry for bronze, silver and gold - worlds ?
There must be a possibility somewhere as I can see in starring5f, excuse my stupidity.... :oops:

MiTCh
drwr

Re: creating new maps+games

Post by drwr »

It does seem like a bug that the provisional map set only says "2" instead of "2 to 4". It seems to correctly understand 2 to 4 in all other contexts, so it must be something wrong with that particular page display. I'll look into it.

You can adjust the amount of industry and other parameters for treasure worlds in the "Advanced game customization" option when you create the game. Thus, this is a property of the individual game, not the map itself.

David
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ah, I see. The maps page reports only 2 players for this map, even though it can technically support up to 4, only because it thinks it's a little too crowded to support 4 players comfortably. So it's more of a recommendation than a hard limit in this case. But if you create a game with 4 players and select this map for that game, it will allow you to do so, as you discovered with proxy8o. :)

David
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

drwr wrote:Ah, I see. The maps page reports only 2 players for this map, even though it can technically support up to 4, only because it thinks it's a little too crowded to support 4 players comfortably. So it's more of a recommendation than a hard limit in this case. But if you create a game with 4 players and select this map for that game, it will allow you to do so, as you discovered with proxy8o. :)

David
i like it cuddly :P

MiTCH
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

drwr wrote:You can adjust the amount of industry and other parameters for treasure worlds in the "Advanced game customization" option when you create the game. Thus, this is a property of the individual game, not the map itself.

David
Err, no, I am sorry. I double-checked it when I created the game proxy8o, trying link after link, and right now again.
No adjustment of industries possible.

I´m quite sure I saw this option sometime in the past, but currently there´s nothing.

MiTCh

PS: Besides RSW, do you also have a reasonable job and/or family or can I go on reporting problems ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
drwr

Post by drwr »

It's under "Advanced game customization", "Specify overall game options". Here's the link with a sample game being created.
Besides RSW, do you also have a reasonable job and/or family or can I go on reporting problems ?
I do have a day job, as it is called, and I also have a family. And because of this, I don't get as much opportunity to develop RSW as I might prefer. But I always care about making it the best it could be, so I appreciate your reports. Thanks! :)

David
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

drwr wrote:It's under "Advanced game customization", "Specify overall game options". Here's the link with a sample game being created.
Following the link I find....nothin'.
At least not industries....

MiTCh
drwr

Post by drwr »

Oh! How right you are! Now it is me being stupid: there is in fact *no* way to specify industry for treasure worlds. I think I must have overlooked adding that option. Even starring5f doesn't specify industry.

I'll add it in as an option for the future.

David
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

drwr wrote:Oh! How right you are! Now it is me being stupid: there is in fact *no* way to specify industry for treasure worlds. I think I must have overlooked adding that option. Even starring5f doesn't specify industry.

I'll add it in as an option for the future.

David
Thank you.
You´re absolutely right about starring5f - I was irritated by the I-ships (we communicated already) and the part "...such as extra industry ort artifacts" in the rules.

Sorry, my mistake, it wasn´t my intention to request a new feature.

MiTCh