no-com-games debts4z + center3d

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Tieffdschie

no-com-games debts4z + center3d

Post by Tieffdschie »

Hi,

in both games I fight against everybody else and don´t think that my victories can be avoided now.
So I hope it´s o.k. to break the silence ;-)

No, I don´t want to discuss my enemies tactics to send fleets willingly into black holes....
Neither do I want to speak about an opponent hiding all his fleets and his HW for don´t know how many turns with the help of Pandoras Box... :o

All I would like to understand is, why some players gift everything they have (left) to others before quitting the game ?
In debts4z I got a world (thank you, my exactly 101st...) and I believe also some fleets this turn.
In center3d I looked forward to the first honest firefight and had to notice a turn later, that the missionary transferred all his ships to me.
This turn I saw a raider (opened his hw for one turn to let out most of his fleets) gifting all his fleets and ships to a positronix.
As I montioned before, nothing of danger for me - this time.

I don´t want your gifts !
And if I have to lose a game, then because my enemy was better - not due to some gifts he received.

Please play fair ! :wink:

Mirek

PS: David, speaking of debts4z - I hope you received the bug report. The client crashed and over 200 orders were lost.... :cry:
Gorf

Re: no-com-games debts4z + center3d

Post by Gorf »

which "victory" are you talking about?

funny stuff.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Tieffdschie: I didn't receive a bug report on debts4z. I'm so sorry to hear now about the client crashing! That sounds like a terrible situation. :(

David
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

drwr wrote:Tieffdschie: I didn't receive a bug report on debts4z. I'm so sorry to hear now about the client crashing! That sounds like a terrible situation. :(

David
yep.

happens from time to time.
usually i see the signs early enough and close the client before it goes crazy.

example for such signs: i give an order to transfer ships to a fleet but in the order list *surprise, surprise* another fleet gets movement orders (with error comments like "no connection" or "fleet can only move 3 hops" or so).
you can clear this order and repeat it x-times.

Then I know - save&close the game (+orders given so far), close the client and restart.

Mirek
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

Gorf wrote:which "victory" are you talking about?

funny stuff.
wait and see 8)

again to everybody: PLEASE stop making gifts to me in debts4z.
i have thousands of ships, the amount of my industry has 4 digits,
7 of 18 homeworlds are producing for me, 9 homeworlds are busted or without industry.
I DON'T NEED GIFTS NOR DO I WANT THEM. PLEASE......
All I am looking (and hoping) for are some interesting final battles....

center3d:
finally, finally one of my decoys was accepted.
let´s party :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mirek
Gorf

Post by Gorf »

I understand that many things get lost in translation....But you have many things to learn, grasshopper. Keep in mind that you are not likely to win more than 50% of the games you play.

And being arrogant is not very palatable. You are making yourself a huge target in future games. :D
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

Gorf wrote:I understand that many things get lost in translation....But you have many things to learn, grasshopper. Keep in mind that you are not likely to win more than 50% of the games you play.

And being arrogant is not very palatable. You are making yourself a huge target in future games. :D
your point of view. fine.
but there is a difference between arrogance and a honest analysis of a game-situation.

all i want is fair play - too much for you ?
Gorf

Post by Gorf »

Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

game over of center3d - thank you all for taking part in this game !
My new strategy of building up industries asap worked in this game - in two others still going on, well.... :|

MiTCh
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

debts4z ended now, too.

thank you all for many challenging battles.

ted, I think pandoras box decided the game for me when it warped the homeworld with most of your fleets away. luck again for me that it didn´t appear somewhere else in one of my regions. you nearly beat the shit out of me :shock:

arioch, nice fight over w311, you terrier :wink:
unfortunately my reinforcements had a long, long way so I had to supply your cannons permanently with fleets and ships.

gorf, nice to see you were in the game, too :mrgreen:

MiTCh / Mirek
Arioch

Post by Arioch »

MiTch, yes it was a nice and hard fight, you had the longer breath and some more resources, too bad for me
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
Gorf

Post by Gorf »

good game, Tieffdschie.

to be honest, i couldn't wait for it to be done; i really don't know why i signed up for it.

Dave

GORF
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

Gorf wrote:good game, Tieffdschie.

to be honest, i couldn't wait for it to be done; i really don't know why i signed up for it.

Dave

GORF
what went wrong ?

but thank you for not leaving the game.

MiTCh
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

Tieffdschie wrote:
Gorf wrote:good game, Tieffdschie.
Dave
GORF
what went wrong ?
but thank you for not leaving the game.
MiTCh
divers3n is over - the third co-com-game in a row that I won.
Thank you all.
To my surprise, I learned at the end of the game, that some worlds were hidden behind others on my map.
That much to not mapping on my own for the first time...

But besides this - are somewhere out there real opponents rather than sheep ? :mrgreen:
I will start the next no-com soon, this time a single player match - please sign in and try to beat me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MiTCh
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

makers9t