Cancel a pending game?

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
baknight

Cancel a pending game?

Post by baknight »

If a pending specialty game is not attracting players, can it be cancelled? If so, how?
drwr

Re: Cancel a pending game?

Post by drwr »

There's not an explicit interface for canceling a pending game, but if all players withdraw from the game, it will automatically cancel. Or the game will automatically cancel when its expiration date hits (if it is still under-enrolled).

I'm happy to manually delete a game if you'd really rather cancel it early, for instance to reduce confusion from a similar game you plan to create in its place.

David
baknight

Post by baknight »

Thanks, David! Yes, please do cancel "speed2j" to avoid confusion. I'm modifying the Noble Swarm type to try again.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Done! Note that the active RSW player population is a little light right now, and it can be difficult to start a game with more than 6 players. If you know some names of people who might be interested in playing a game or two--or game forums where they might be lurking--I encourage you to extend an invitation. :)

David
baknight

Post by baknight »

Oops! David, I just realized that I set the start date for "assumed8d" for next year, long after the expiration date. Can you change the start date to 18 Sep 2021? Thanks again for your help.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Done!