deliver4n

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
ZenCat

deliver4n

Post by ZenCat »

deliver4n just ended, and now the client crashes every time I try to run it. A box opens saying that windows has found a problem with the program and must close it. Any idea what's going on?
drwr

Re: deliver4n

Post by drwr »

Sounds like a corrupt game database, try refreshing the database according to the usual instructions:

Quit the client, then find the client database and delete or rename it out of the way. This is in the folder c:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\RSW\clientdatafiles . Note that the folder AppData is a hidden folder, and you won't usually see it in your user directory, but it's there and you can type the whole path to it in the Explorer file path. You can simply delete the whole "clientdatafiles" folder.

Once you delete the folder, re-launch the RSW client, log in again, and let it re-download all of your games. Hopefully this should clear up the problem.

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

It took a bit of doing (hunting up the right file to delete) but everything seems to be working now. Thanks!
phx1jsa

Post by phx1jsa »

This was an interesting game. I wanted to quit a couple times, glad I did not, wound up having fun. Although I did miss a couple turns with family stuff happening and just plain forgetting about the due dates, including a couple key turns were I was about to deprive you of a HW capture with a PBB. JimE and I , I think, tried to start working together against you later in the game when we realized you were the big bully on the block :) by gifting worlds to each other to communicate peaceful intent. Alas, it wound up being more like the keystone cops. There was a turn when I think we got close to an understanding through gifting, and then I blew it by getting confused with 4 positions each and accidentally fired on one of his positions thinking I was firing on one of yours.

I think it was too little too late at that point anyway.

The take away, with super low starting pop, make sure and take a positronics as one of my positions, that would have been very usefull!!

Congrats on the win Zencat!
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Thanks Scott. I wish the others had stayed in, it would have made the game more interesting. I wanted to concentrate on picking up territory from the dropped players, but you and Jim kept attacking me so I had no choice but to defend. And my defense, as always, is offense --- deprive the attacker of the ability to continue the attack. I wasn't trying to take territory, just stop the source of the attacks. Fortunately (for me) I routed Jim early and he backed off just as you were ramping up your attacks. Thus, I could ignore him and concentrate on you long enough to fend off your attacks and turn the tide. Having an Architect enabled me to move concentrated forces to where they were most needed --- I was unsure how it would work out, but it worked out well. Let's see how the next one goes!