Time mismatch

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
JimE

Time mismatch

Post by JimE »

Hi David,

I've just noticed that the next turn due time shows a between the turn sheet (interchange, web) and the RSW Client.

turn : Next turn is due Friday, March 15 at 12:53 AM AEDT
web : Next turn is due Friday, March 15 at 12:53 AM AEDT

client : Next turn is due Friday, March 15 at 12:23 AM Cen. Australia

I know these are the same time, but might lead to confusion. In my case I prefer them to both be Cen. Aus. time.
JimE

Re: Time mismatch

Post by JimE »

Ignore, I made a boo boo when I moved home and did not change my location.
drwr

Re: Time mismatch

Post by drwr »

No worries! For anyone else reading this thread, it's worth pointing out that RSW figures out your preferred timezone in two different ways: on the web, it asks your web browser for your current timezone, but this isn't 100% reliable so you can also override this explicitly on the Personal Info page. All of the times you see online will then be presented in whatever timezone you specify there.

On the RSW client, it asks your operating system for your current timezone, and there's no setting to override this. All of the times you see in the RSW client will be presented in whatever timezone you have your operating system set to.

David