Emailed turns did not arrive

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
JimE

Emailed turns did not arrive

Post by JimE »

Hi,

I had a bunch of game turns show as available using the RSW client. However none of these arrived via email, which I have as a preference. Is this something that needs fixing?

Jim
drwr

Re: Emailed turns did not arrive

Post by drwr »

Hmm, as far as I can tell, emailed turn reports are working on the server. Are you getting any other email messages from the server? Have you checked your spam folder?

David
JimE

Post by JimE »

Hi,

They are not in SPAM. Also messages from players and forum notifications ( your reply) are not arriving. I have checked my address in my profile and it is correct. Have you a record of when email was sent to me, when was the last?
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ah, I see what happened. My mail service is rejecting emails to your email address because after an email attempt on December 22, your domain reported "user unknown", for whatever reason, and that put your email address on a blacklist.

I'm guessing that was a temporary fault with your email domain, and I've removed your email address from the blacklist. Hopefully future emails will get through now.

David
JimE

Post by JimE »

Ahhh. OK. I did get notification of this post. So I hope all is sorted.

Thanks,
Jim