RSW Autumn 2018 Tournament

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Gorf

RSW Autumn 2018 Tournament

Post by Gorf »

Is anyone interested?

It would have to be Advanced I guess. But possibly Classic or whatever ..

Generated map. Let me know what you think!

-Gorf
JimE

Re: RSW Autumn 2018 Tournament

Post by JimE »

What sort of tournament?

Maybe an Equinox tournament for us down under?

Count me in.

Jim
Gorf

Post by Gorf »

mineral6b is open for all rswgame members

northern or southern hemisphere ;)

David, I think advanced tournament may need to be at least 6 - 10 players............
drwr

Post by drwr »

You're right, a 15-player game is unrealistic for our current RSW player base. I've amended the Tournament Game specifications so that all three tournament games require exactly 6 players. The Classic tournament game is a 2-position multiplayer (so 12 positions total), while the Advanced tournament game is a 3-position multiplayer (18 positions total). This seems more in line with what we can realistically expect people to sign up for. :)

However, I can't easily amend the already-created game to match this, so I suggest you create a new Tournament Game with one of the new specs, and assuming 15 people don't come sign up for mineral6b, we let it quietly dissolve.

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

I looked at murry4c and having no choice but Skip Tracer makes the game worthless. I will not join under these circumstances.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Everyone's got their favorite character positions. Some people do enjoy playing Skip Tracer (and people have played that position to a win in the past, as evidenced in the RSW game history). Of course you're welcome to wait for the next game. :)

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

In a game with communication and co-operation Skippy can be fun. In a 3 position no communication it's utterly worthless.
drwr

Post by drwr »

murray3c is a normal, full-communication game. When there's co-operation is up to you, of course. :)
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

:roll: Well, I screwed that up. I read "members only" as "no-communication"! Good grief. Reaction to getting totally skunked in suburb7q before I could even get started. Okay, I'll give it another look knowing that communication is going to be on the table.
Puzzler

Post by Puzzler »

Ugh, missed sign up by a few hours. I'd been waiting for an advanced tournament game with all the default settings for a few months.