New client - message bug?

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Arioch

New client - message bug?

Post by Arioch »

Hi,

I can't send messages or export and send maps after installing the new client 1.07.02en

Is this a bug or a feature :twisted: ?

I just had it in game servers5a, no other games open at the moment to try

Arno

P.S. The cient just crashed, only message came from WIN7: Program stopped working, Close or close?

P.P.S. Just used the report bug function in addition
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
somnos

Re: New client - message bug?

Post by somnos »

I can't get my client to work either. Keeps crashing and I think I'm using a newer version than you. Sent a note to David Rose.

El
drwr

Post by drwr »

The latest client patch, 1.0.7.3, should fix Arioch's bug, a crash when trying to send a message.

Other players have reported general problems similar to somnos, where the client is generally sluggish or fails to respond correctly. The solution in these cases seems to be to reset the game database. To do this, exit the client completely, then open up Windows Explorer and type %appdata%\rsw in the search bar. This should take you to the folder C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\RSW . In this folder you'll see another folder named "clientdatafiles"; rename this to clientdatafiles.old . Then re-launch the client, log in again, and allow it to download the games again, and hopefully you should be good to go.

David
Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Resetting the database does not solve my problem of slow or sluggish client....
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...