Site error

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
JimE

Site error

Post by JimE »

For a few days now I have not been able to enter my orders via the web interface. The due date for the game approaches. Anyone else have this problem?
sargas

Re: Site error

Post by sargas »

yes, I am getting the same
drwr

Post by drwr »

My apologies! The server disk space filled up and I didn't notice. Unfortunately, it's the same server that also handles my email, so email messages that might have told me about the problem weren't getting through to me either. :(

Finally I thought to check why no one loved me enough to send me any emails and discovered the problem. Should be all better now.

David
lawyerted

Post by lawyerted »

I can't access the Client. Is RSW going down??
phx1jjm

Post by phx1jjm »

whew....I had horrible nightmares that RSW was gone. Also my client is now fully operational
lawyerted

Post by lawyerted »

drwr wrote:My apologies! The server disk space filled up and I didn't notice. Unfortunately, it's the same server that also handles my email, so email messages that might have told me about the problem weren't getting through to me either. :(

Finally I thought to check why no one loved me enough to send me any emails and discovered the problem. Should be all better now.

David
I still can't access the Client. Help!! I need to submit orders.

-- Ted
phx1jjm

Post by phx1jjm »

You may have to delete some client files. the following has helped me in the past

The easiest way to do this is to quit the client, then find the client database and delete or rename it out of the way. This is in the folder c:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\RSW\clientdatafiles . Note that the folder AppData is a hidden folder, and you won't usually see it in your user directory, but it's there and you can type the whole path to it in the Explorer file path. You can simply delete the whole "clientdatafiles" folder.

Once you delete the folder, re-launch the RSW client, log in again, and let it re-download all of your games. Hopefully this should clear up the problem.
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ted, if you still can't get in after resetting the client as described above, let me know what games you're trying to get access to and I'll see what I can do.
Gorf

Post by Gorf »

Hi David - It would be cool to know your hardware, OS, languages, etc. I'm guessing UNIX ;)
drwr

Post by drwr »

I'm running an Ubuntu image on a virtual host provided by VPSLink. RSW--client and server--is entirely written in Python (except for these forums, which are of course phpBB).

David