RAIDER scoring

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
phx1jjm

RAIDER scoring

Post by phx1jjm »

I think it is time to review the scoring on a few of the classic character types. Let us start with the RAIDER and here is the result of the last 25 games that had at least 5 players and were not multi position games.

25 games with at least 1 raider and 5 players.
WINS: 2
Second place finish: 3
Third place: 5

Out of 25 games the raider only finished in the top 3 10 times, with just 2 wins. One of the wins I was the raider and only got that win with a lot of allies and me begging for worlds to plunder.

I feel the RAIDER should score points for capture of fleets. That is what the RAIDER does so it should get points for it. Even to start at 25, the RAIDER would have to capture 40 fleets to get 1000 points. That is still probably not enough to get any past games a win but it is a start.

any input?
JimE

Re: RAIDER scoring

Post by JimE »

Agreed, the raider has no real way of progessi scoring. Fleet value is not enough for him to get points without shooting foot by plunders.
octguard

Re: RAIDER scoring

Post by octguard »

i have not played many games but so far as my first with raider the scoring is hard, i have to plunder and that is the only way to score real points, i would like to see a capture bonus.