Server down?

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
ZenCat

Server down?

Post by ZenCat »

Wednesday April 8th... I've tried checking on my games several times this afternoon and evening and the client always hangs at "checking Server" and when I close the client I get "could not connect the server". Any idea what's up? The website works, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this on the forum
Arioch

Re: Server down?

Post by Arioch »

Same here Zen, no connection on 9th and 10th of April
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
drwr

Post by drwr »

Sorry, I'm having some technical problems with the server, unfortunately I haven't been able to track it down yet. Hope to get this fixed as soon as possible.
drwr

Post by drwr »

I've just made a quick workaround, by moving the completed game clover6d to "archived" state. I believe something about this completed game in the database was triggering a deadlock somewhere. Does that seem to clear up responsiveness for everyone?
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Clover? I'm seeing it as still active... no indication that it's completed. If it's completed then I'll try deleting it and see what happens.
Seems to have solved the problem, but now I've got to catch up on all the games before they kick over :-(