Blitz game

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
JimE

Blitz game

Post by JimE »

Hi,
I was thinking of starting a blitz game, a super fast turn around, of the order of 1-2 hours. How would others feel about this? A problem I see is having a time frame that all players would be able to join in at. I'm in Australia (GMT +10), so that would put Europe and North America at a severe dislocation in time. I assume it would be run over a weekend.

Jim
phx1jjm

Re: Blitz game

Post by phx1jjm »

You may want to consider a 1 day turnaround. That may be as fast as you can get. Try it as a multi position with a min of 4 players.
drwr

Re: Blitz game

Post by drwr »

I've played 10-minute games before. It's quite thrilling, and the game is over in a couple of hours. Expect to make poor decisions, because in 10 minutes you don't have time to make good ones.

You can make a 1-2 hour turnaround work if you put limits on the time-of-day for turns, say name a four- or six-hour block of time that everyone agrees upon ahead of time. Then all players will plan to be online during the identified block of time over how ever many consecutive days the game continues for.

Or, of course, you can make it a 12-hour marathon. :)

David