Client Map

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
phx1jjm

Client Map

Post by phx1jjm »

I have reaccuring issues with the client. Some games the map is not saved, the colors for players changes. It looks like they revert to the original color and map. I am afraid to update the map and spend time doing it if it reverts to the scrambled egg mess you get on the very first turns.
Any ideas?
drwr

Re: Client Map

Post by drwr »

That's the first report I've heard of this kind of problem, but it does sound nasty. I don't know what's going on, but maybe somehow the client database is corrupt and you should rebuild it?

The easiest way to do this is to quit the client, then find the client database and delete or rename it out of the way. This is in the folder c:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\RSW\clientdatafiles . Note that the folder AppData is a hidden folder, and you won't usually see it in your user directory, but it's there and you can type the whole path to it in the Explorer file path. You can simply delete the whole "clientdatafiles" folder.

Once you delete the folder, re-launch the RSW client, log in again, and let it re-download all of your games. Hopefully this should clear up the problem.

David
phx1jjm

Re: Client Map

Post by phx1jjm »

thank you, I will try it out

edit:
It worked, i lost all my old completed games but the maps are not resetting anymore