HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
ZenCat

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ZenCat »

Creed is due in 16 hours and I can't get the client to run! I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall and still have the same results. The Client opens with the game list and at the bottom it says "getting game list from server" and nothing more ever happens. The "Game" field fills in with the 5 games I'm currently in and the "Status" fields all say "Checking server", all the other fields are blank. If I click anywhere on the client the options at the top disappear and I get a hourglass (that just sits forever). HELP!
Dale
drwr

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by drwr »

Try deleting the client database and letting it reload. Do this by quitting the client, then open an explorer window and navigate to c:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\RSW . (You might need to type this path explicitly in the box, if you can't find AppData listen in the window--it might be a hidden folder.)

Inside RSW you'll see a folder called clientdatafiles. Drag it to the trash can (or rename it). Then restart the RSW Client, log in to the site again, and wait for it to download your games again. It might take a while if you have a lot of big games; be patient.

Let me know if that clears it up.

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Thanks Dave. The path name was all wrong (it was in Documents & Settings) but I eventually found it. The client is now importing "game reports". If I lost all my maps I'm gonna SCREAM!
Dale
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Maps are all there!
drwr

Post by drwr »

Ah, sorry, I the path I gave was for Windows 7. I forgot you were running XP, my apologies.

David