frequent error messages

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
ZenCat

frequent error messages

Post by ZenCat »

Hi David;
As you know, I've been playing RSW for many year and have been extremely pleased. But recently the Client has been running slower and slower, with lots of fluttering pointer and nothing happening, and generating piles of error messages and outright crashing. Nothing else that I run seems to have any such problem so it doesn't look like it's the computer. The one thing that IS different is that I'm currently in 6 active games when in the past it was seldom more than 3. Does this make the client use more memory? I only have 2 gig and can't put in any more chips.
Dale
drwr

Re: frequent error messages

Post by drwr »

Hi Dale,

Having many active games might indeed impact the client negatively. I have a couple of suggestions that might improve the responsiveness:

(1) Delete any of your old, finished games from your client.
(2) Before switching from one game to another, exit the client completely, then restart it.

Let me know if either or both of these helps.

David
ZenCat

Re: frequent error messages

Post by ZenCat »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I never dreamed the "completed games" would have ANY effect on how the client ran, let alone such and enormous one! Deleting them was laborious (the client ran slow and kept hanging), but as more were deleted it gradually ran faster :P Once they were all gone everything works fine, and I DON'T have to close the client when switching games, I can jump right from one to another without any problem. :) Thanks!
Dale