Preferred Games

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
phx1jjm

Preferred Games

Post by phx1jjm »

Some games fill up faster than others. I am always interested in different types of games but was curious what the community prefers. Post what type you like the most and which you will not play. Here is an example

Prefer
Longer games
Multi position
Hex maps
Would like to play a game with the map already visible
Short turnaround

Dislike
Short games
confusing maps
games that wait for the full time limit to process the next turn

Next game I would like to try:
Partner game
esoteric

Re: Preferred Games

Post by esoteric »

Well, I like No-Comm games, games with small-medium sized maps, and maps that can be unwrapped flat. Random maps that don't rely on prior knowledge are favored. Games with a headstart can be interesting as can ones with heavy resource constraints...
I like the idea of the new character types, but I'm having a difficult time recalling everything that's going on with them so I'm mostly avoiding signing up for anything beyond the 'expanded' set that was sortof accepted a couple years ago.
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Unlike Scott, I DISLIKE Non-com games and I'm glad Dave eliminated them :D
However, I agree with him in my dislike of Elliot's 3D maps, I prefer a map that lays out flat with no crossovers --- wraps top to bottom or side to side are okay.
I like all the new characters and unusual constraints, though I keep having to check what applies to the particular game I'm working on.
I really like core and I'm glad there's a core game running atm.
I prefer longer games ---- I've had WAY too many games end just as things were getting good. :x

ZenCat a.k.a. Dale Perkins
Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Well, to be honest I dislike non-comm games too, and i dislike those 3D or 4D maps although I admit that they are sometimes very intresting to see

I like long games, games where the end is a percentage of worlds owned or being last survivor and those using mostly the old characters. I tried all new characters and did not really like them :( they seem to be too advantageous compared to the old characters but that maybe only my view...

Oh, btw, i also love multi-position :)

Arioch a.k.a. Arno Kuhlmann
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
somnos

Post by somnos »

HI all

I like advanced games. I won't play classic because it's the intellectual property of FBInc - I still play classic with them.

I do confess that I love the 3D maps and love cracking them as well as making them.

I don't think the new characters are overpowered - you have to play them correctly. In SW berserkers are often the runaway winner - unless you stop them. Why hasn't this happened in RSW - because the player base tends to play differently. I will play any character - they are all fun.

I don't like playing in multi-games.

Somnos
Gorf

Post by Gorf »

El

I don't think Rick minds

both rswgame and flyingmoose would extrapolate eventually. He almost named Starweb "Star Wars", btw :)
phx1jjm

Post by phx1jjm »

i had to look up extrapolate in the dictionary...