More Last man standing games

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
phx1jjm

More Last man standing games

Post by phx1jjm »

Someone make a 4 - 6 player multi last man standing game with short turn due dates.
drwr

Re: More Last man standing games

Post by drwr »

That someone could be you. ;)

David
phx1jjm

Post by phx1jjm »

I tried but since I have not completed 2 games, I am unable to make a special game.
phx1jjm

Post by phx1jjm »

How do you get a completed game? Just wait until the games objective is complete? If a game says until 1 player is left, do you just wait until one player has all the worlds? If I withdraw, I do not get credit for a completed game. How can you end a game when the outcome is obvious?
drwr

Post by drwr »

That's, admittedly, a weakness in the game server. In honesty, I didn't expect people to actively withdraw from last-man-standing games, though it does make sense; but the "withdraw" option was conceived as a way to stop playing in the middle of the game and make the position available to someone else, rather than as a way to concede a game. I should add a "concede" option to meet this need in the future.

In the meantime, you can just stay enrolled in the last-man-standing game until it is over. It counts you as "out" for the purposes of declaring the game over when you have lost all ships, including I-Ships and P-Ships; so there's usually no need to explicitly withdraw.

David