The new Somnos maps can make organizing worlds difficult. Here is one way to help.
1. Figure out which map-set you are on. (rsw home->Play->select Uses map set "X" for the game you are interested in, then browse the list until you find a match).
2. Right-click on the image of the map, select Save Image As...
3. Open said image in an image editor (Paint.NET is a good Windows freebie), resize to roughly 4-8 times original (depends on how much space you like to work with).
4. Same somewhere convenient (not in a hidden or system folder, and somewhere accessible from your user log-in).
5. Start up the RSW client, start up the game, File->Preferences then Map Images. "Add Folder" where you saved the file, then load the file as your background.
Presto, instant template to help lay your map out onto.
A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1