Expanding the Player Pool

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
somnos

Expanding the Player Pool

Post by somnos »

Hi All

What can we do to expand the player base? I enjoy immensely playing with the usual veterans that haunt RSW but it would be nice to see new blood. A lot of new blood! We need to see games where there are more than 12 players for the additional politics and complexity of play. We need to see game sign up sheets fill quickly AND to be able to alter the game to offer all kinds of interesting variants. I try not to construct too many at present because we cannot fill them with the people available.

The present scoring of RSW on the Apex site doesn't seem to be attracting much attention. Word of mouth might help. I've brought in 4 players and invited old Starweb buddies to try it too. Everyone should let their other gamer buddies (from other games) know about these games.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Somnos
Tieffdschie

Re: Expanding the Player Pool

Post by Tieffdschie »

somnos wrote:Hi All

What can we do to expand the player base? I enjoy immensely playing with the usual veterans that haunt RSW but it would be nice to see new blood. A lot of new blood! We need to see games where there are more than 12 players for the additional politics and complexity of play. We need to see game sign up sheets fill quickly AND to be able to alter the game to offer all kinds of interesting variants. I try not to construct too many at present because we cannot fill them with the people available.

The present scoring of RSW on the Apex site doesn't seem to be attracting much attention. Word of mouth might help. I've brought in 4 players and invited old Starweb buddies to try it too. Everyone should let their other gamer buddies (from other games) know about these games.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Somnos
El,

as long as there is no possibility (or nobody interested in) stopping guys bullying others like Gorf tries currently with me (who seems to be Mr. Anonymous in brussels9h) you rather have the problem to stop players leaving.
What do you think how motivated potential new players are, when they visit this forum and read all the insults und lies ?

Very recently we had a newbie (Tiger_Ilth, in the later due to some players cheating cancelled numeros7j), whom I tried to help in the game. He complained about such players like Gorf, picking out single players (newbies preferred) and building up animus.

If these personal, causeless attacks go on, I am honestly thinking about asking David to make a decision, kicking one of us two out of rswgame.

MiTCh
somnos

Post by somnos »

Too bad about the animosity. I really wish that stuff wasn't in these games.

I didn't realize TigerIIth - (pronounced Tiger Tooth) was in a game. He is an old Starcon player and a great ally. I hope he is still around.

El
Somnos
sun-e

Post by sun-e »

We (www.pbem-spiele.de) set up several games here and feel free to join.

Our next game:
https://rswgame.com/en/signup?gameId=mobile3f

But in summertime its looks we have fewer players...