Vote for RSW

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Arioch

Vote for RSW

Post by Arioch »

David,

somehow I don't understand how these bonuspoints are generated... I am voting every day but it always shows my score to be 0.786 for more than one week now...
ak1.jpg
ak1.jpg (33.57 KiB) Viewed 9512 times
Is there any way for me to find out HOW this score is counted?

Arioch
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
drwr

Re: Vote for RSW

Post by drwr »

The vote score is computed based on the number of times you voted over the past 14-day rolling window, divided by 14. The only way to get it all the way to 1.000 is to vote every day for two weeks without missing any day.

According to my logs, you have voted 11 times in the past 14 days, thus your score is currently 11/14 or 0.786. Your vote score will start to increase when the days you missed slide out of the rolling window. From the logs, it looks like it will be 12/14 tomorrow, for instance.

Note that 0.786 is a respectably high score, higher than many other players. :)

David
Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Hi David,

ok, now i know why that score does not change...

I don't protest about the score... I just wanted to know why (subjectively) the score does not change.

Arioch aka Arno
Armageddon has been yesterday - today we are in REAL trouble...
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

since 2 days something is wrong with the vote connection.
tells me that i voted 1.9 days ago (not correct) and keeps telling me that i already voted today....
MiTCh
drwr

Post by drwr »

Hmm, the "you already voted today" determination is made by the game index page, not by me. If it's broken, that's bad news. (It determines "today" based on Midnight, Pacific Time, which is 9 am CEST, so if you voted since 9am this morning, it calls it "today".)

Are other people having similar problems with this site?

I've been thinking of taking the voting stuff out anyway; I'm not convinced that it's helping draw users into RSW, so I'm doubting whether it's worth the nuisance.

David
sargas

Post by sargas »

I get the same trouble with the prompt on the client, however, the vote button on the RSW web page is a lot more accurate.
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

sargas wrote:I get the same trouble with the prompt on the client, however, the vote button on the RSW web page is a lot more accurate.
i used both ways.....
but the problem seems to be solved already since it worked several seconds ago
somnos

Post by somnos »

I vote as often as I can and we still can't lure in one more player for brussels 9h or players for barrel3w ;-).

El
Somnos