Client settings

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
Tieffdschie

Client settings

Post by Tieffdschie »

Hi,

always when a new game starts, I first customize the map, popups and so on.
I wonder if there is a way to fix a new standard to start with ?

Speaking of popups: my world-info contains 'my ships' and 'fleets' and 'other ships' and 'fleets'.
It´s a bit irritating there, that neutral fleets do count as ´other´.
Also, in unaware8e, my team-mates ships+fleets are added to 'other'.

Is this due to my perhaps wrong set preferences ?

Mirek
ZenCat

Re: Client settings

Post by ZenCat »

I totally agree on the having to reset all the preferences on every new game. I always set them the same for every game, and it's quite time consuming and not much fun. There should be a way to set each players defaults somewhere....
drwr

Post by drwr »

This has been an often-requested feature, and I completely understand why: it bugs me too, to have to reset my preferred interface settings for each new game. There are a few challenges with implementing this feature, but I do plan to get to it eventually. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

For "My ships" and "Other ships", it's true that neutral and teammate ships are all counted as "Other". I hadn't thought about extending that to allow more options; I'll see about putting that in, so you can differentiate between neutral ships, teammates ships, and enemy ships easily.

If you select "Team mode" in a particular game, then "My ships" becomes "Team ships", and now teammates ships are included in this category instead of in Other.

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Cool. I'm sure there are programing difficulties, but the defaults have to be set somewhere, and if each player always makes the same set of changes (they stick through the game once you set them after all) then those game wide settings should be transferable to the next game somehow. I would think. I have no idea, I'm not a programmer.
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

drwr wrote:If you select "Team mode" in a particular game, then "My ships" becomes "Team ships", and now teammates ships are included in this category instead of in Other.
David
Thanks. Actually I haven't found this option yet ;-)
But I don't like it much - the colour for all team worlds then is the same.
I prefer working with different shadings of one colour.

Mirek