unaware8e

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
somnos

unaware8e

Post by somnos »

Just testing the no-communication game in the team format. I presume you will be able to see your teammates turns and be allied but won't be able to communicate. Playtesting the Ship Hoarder and Wildcard characters again.

Join up!

Somnos
somnos

Re: unaware8e

Post by somnos »

We need 3 more sign ups to have 4 teams of 3 players and that would be awesome.

Somnos
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

Okay, how is this supposed to work? How can you work as a team if you can't communicate? What good does seeing your teammates printouts do if you have no way to coordinate? This is a colossally stupid concept --- sort of like taking a shower wearing a raincoat or -------- never mind.
drwr

Post by drwr »

It's not outrageous. You know what sort of things your teammates need, and they know what you need. Sure, you can't work out detailed plans like "you bring 4 1-ship fleets and I'll bring 8 fleets with 120 ships, then next turn I'll transfer 40 ships to your F231 and you can drop robots while I fire at industry." But you can still see who your common enemies are, and you can bring fleets together to face them.

FBI has been running so-called "Anonymous Starweb" games for decades, and people have worked out how to work together in those games. This is just like that, only you get even more help to do it, since you're already allied at the start of the game, and you can see each other's turn reports and order sheets.

So quitcher bitchin'. You can do this without resorting to cheating. ;)

David
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

!#$%^&%^&(&*&Y#@$%^&&(_)*&*$^%^%!#@*^&()(#@$%^#$^%*(
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

Works.

btw: what happened to the tenth player.... ? Visit to a black hole ? :twisted:
drwr

Post by drwr »

The tenth player was dropped due to his having recently disappeared, abandoning several other RSW games already in progress. I don't know what happened to him.
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

What the !#$%&%&*!#$% is the story with this insane map? This makes Elliot's Tesserect map look sensible! Has anyone been able to get it to lay out without a bazillion crossing lines?
BongoBob

Post by BongoBob »

Yes the map is a mess, apparently it is possible to untangle but I haven't managed it.

Back to the original complaint: in Bridge (the card-game) you communicate with your partner in the open, via bidding. This is similar. Problem is, no-one is paying any attention to their "team-mates" or their orders.
ZenCat

Post by ZenCat »

That certainly doesn't seem to be true of the guys I'm teamed with. Whoever they are the level of co-operation is great. The problem is the map and figuring out where whos frontiers are. What I've got is a total mish mash and is going to make defending an area and consolidating territory very difficult.
Tieffdschie

Post by Tieffdschie »

ZenCat wrote:That certainly doesn't seem to be true of the guys I'm teamed with. Whoever they are the level of co-operation is great.
Yes, don´t underestimate your partners. In my opinion one of the most important things is to nonverbaly agree on the order of sending in orders: who in the team has to send in his first, who is second in line, who third.
Sharing reports helps a lot. I remember well the pre-eMail times, where you had to guess everything, including world connections and positions of fleets.... :?
ZenCat wrote:The problem is the map and figuring out where whos frontiers are. What I've got is a total mish mash and is going to make defending an area and consolidating territory very difficult.
Yep, crazy.
I think the same one is used in another ongoing game, too, but that doesn´t help me a bit.
"Difficult" depends on the point of view, I prefer "interesting" :mrgreen:
By the way: frontiers are for defenders only, I am not expected to play in THIS team :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mirek