Anonymous Game ready5y with a new Character - Wildcard!

A place for general chatter about games in progress, games completed, strategy advice, bug reports, or really anything at all that relates in some vague way to RSW.
somnos

Anonymous Game ready5y with a new Character - Wildcard!

Post by somnos »

Wildcard

Just for fun I produced a character type that has features of all 11 standard characters. I realized that this could make him too powerful so to limit large alliances from eliminating him - it's an anonymous game. I also found interesting ways to depower him - gave him less fleets, ships, industry and he can only fly 2 hops/turn. Think of this character as the progenitor race that produced all the races - or perhaps the future for the varied races in the galaxy. I have made his abilities a little less powerful than the ones shared by the original character and his scoring is much less but he has so many ways to score. Here is a summary.

1) Commandeer 3.5:1. Gets 1pt/fleet - like a raider. No plunders.

2) Firepower 1.2:1 like a Warlord. Much reduced points for destroyed ships (NonTarget (NT)=1, T=2). Fleet capture NT=2, T=4. World capture NT=10, T=20.

3) Scavenging 20% of ships. 2:1 for empty fleets. Points for scavenged ships = 2. Still only 1pt/key.

4) Missionary like - can own converted worlds. Kill points for population =1.

5) Positronix - can own robotic worlds. Not sure but I think he can robot attack. Kill points for robots =1. Can build robots 1 metal = 1 robot = 1 kill maximum (not as good as a true positronix). Costs 35 ships to build PBB.

6) Trader/Arms Dealer - can double load ships with metal. Cannot build ships.

7) Skip Tracer - takes 50% damage in ambush.

8 ) Emperor - builds industry with 4 Ishps or 4 metal. Gets only 1 pt/world owned and 1 pt/industry. Nothing for population or mines.

9) Architect - Yes, you can build, destroy or move connections but if you study the chart anything beyond a 3 hop requires at least 250 ships and doesn't add points.

10) Art Collector - you can transfer art from fleet to fleet. No points for owning art but some for creating a museum.

I don't expect this to be a permanent character but it will be fun to play.

Somnos
Gorf

Re: Anonymous Game ready5y with a new Character - Wildcard!

Post by Gorf »

Isn't the Joker a wild card?

sounds interesting! perhaps other combos of characters too?